Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Libraries

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Libraries
 Login/Join

posted
Like Bradbury, many authors support libraries. Asimov, Dr Seuss, many others:

http://www.lettersofnote.com/2...-is-many-things.html

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These letters are beautiful and inspiring. Thanks, philnic, once again, for your wonderful posts.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted 10 May 2011 07:47 AM Hide Post
Phil, this past week I was requested to do a presentation (my second) at our community library on Book Bans and the influences of Mr. B's F451. When you posted this site, I immediately forwarded the link to the inviting librarian, a former English student of mine - ironically!

She loved it and sent me a response indicating she was going to run off the letters and have them displayed in the main reading room. A thought! I'll send a similar note to the librarians in my school and the town in which I teach!
Nice! Thanks.
f

Posts: 2805 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link below will take you to a May, 2002 interview of Ray Bradbury by Brendan Dowling, which originally appeared in the November/December, 2002 issue of the magazine, PUBLIC LIBRARIES. It is called "I Graduated from the Library":

https://publiclibrariesonline....w-with-ray-bradbury/

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post