Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Autographed Farenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Autographed Farenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
How much would an autographed copy of "Farenheit 451" sell for?

Anybody interested?

Posts: 3 | Location: boca raton, fl | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends entirely on edition and condition. Check www.bookfinder.com and eBay to see what other people are getting.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my other life I am a rare book dealer. If you have questions, or can provide more detail, let me know. I would be happy to help.

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisman43:
In my other life I am a rare book dealer. If you have questions, or can provide more detail, let me know. I would be happy to help.

It was mass marketed paperback by Ballantine Publishing Group in 1987 and is good condition, if that helps any.

Posts: 3 | Location: boca raton, fl | Registered: 06 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgreene3:
It was mass marketed paperback by Ballantine Publishing Group in 1987 and is good condition, if that helps any.

That helps plenty!

Ray is very generous with his signature, and as such, will sign just about anything you ask him to.

Therefore, a signed reprint paperback isn't going to be worth much. I would suggest if you could sell it for $10 on eBay, you would be doing very well for yourself. I would typically price a book like that in the $5 range.

That being said, Fahrenheit 451 is enjoying a resurgence, so now may be the time to move, if you plan to.

[This message has been edited by Chrisman43 (edited 06-07-2002).]

Posts: 85 | Location: San Dimas, CA USA | Registered: 25 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisman43:
That helps plenty!

Ray is very generous with his signature, and as such, will sign just about anything you ask him to.

Therefore, a signed reprint paperback isn't going to be worth much. I would suggest if you could sell it for $10 on eBay, you would be doing very well for yourself. I would typically price a book like that in the $5 range.

That being said, Fahrenheit 451 is enjoying a resurgence, so now may be the time to move, if you plan to.

[This message has been edited by Chrisman43 (edited 06-07-2002).]

You've been very helpful...thanks!