Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 - Clarisse

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 - Clarisse
 Login/Join

posted
I am a college student working on a research paper on Fahrenheit 451. I am wondering if anyone knows of some credible resources that I could use to prove that Clarisse was a happy girl. I know this seems stupid, but it is critical to one part of my thesis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Spyro

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the evidence is internal to the story. She is outgoing, she has love of family. She is interested in learning. She is interested in the people around her. She is interested in Montag. She reaches out. People who are depressed or repressed tend to withdraw. In every possible social/intellectual venue, Clarisse is reaching out to learn, to grow and to touch lives around her.

Is she frightened sometimes? I think so, but happiness is not phony; it would have to deal in the realities of life. Other wise only the insane could be happy.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's "otherwise" not.. Other - Wise. Other Wise. Otherwise.

Hah.
Schooled?

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, OleManiaC:

Say something sensible or the big eraser in the sky might come knockin'......you know, it's just one of those things...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
olemaniaC--wur hear too discuse rae, knot too critik speling, punkuatun, grammer, ect.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Other wise" was simply a typo. Focus on proportionality and meaning.

That having been said, I've never claimed spelling is my forte. My classes laugh at me when I use the board. I go blank on spelling in a lecture or discussion.

It seems to be more a source of amusement than consternation in the minds of my students.

If it makes you feel better, I'll consider myself schooled on this one.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could always go to:
www.otherwise.com

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good call, Nard Kordell.
..Good idea... Do that, Mr. Dark! See and learn of Mr. Kordell's example. I'll expect you to see it is being very appealing.

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post