Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "ORDERS" FROM RAY BRADBURY

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"ORDERS" FROM RAY BRADBURY
 Login/Join

posted
I've had my share of health challenges over the past three weeks, starting with my third Hernia surgery in twenty years, followed by an infection and fever, chest pains, another hospital stay, and pending heart surgery in a few days to replace a faulty heart valve,as well as bypass surgery in the main artery. This is a rather long winded way of thanking the delightful Ray Bradbury for a most charming, witty, and loving message via his daughter, Alexandra. I thought I might share it with you.

"Hi, Steve

Heart surgery around Valentine's Day?? I say it's a good sign. I let dad know about all the "fun" you've been having these days and he wanted to make sure that I send his love to you, and ordered you to get well soon. What can I say? When Ray Bradbury orders you to do something, you better do it.

Big hugs to you from dad (and me)

Alexandra"

I will joyously and obediently embrace these "royal marching orders."

Love and Peace,

Steve

Posts: 47 | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, best wishes for a full recovery from all of your recent health problems. And please let us know how you are doing.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm frightened and depressed over this turn of events...but, with God's healing intervention, along with well wishes and genuine caring from friends like Ray and yourself,this challenge may pass into blessed memory, with many more years of productivity awaiting me.

Posts: 47 | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, your energy seems very positive and strong in these posts. All on board would have to agree with the loving message from Mr. B. via Alexandra!! So, now you have all of his fans here pulling for you, sending thoughts and prayers.

"An order to get well soon" sounds quite concise from my perspective!!
Be Well! Read RB stories as you recoup!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post