Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury museum

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury museum
 Login/Join

posted
I'm interested in exploring the opportunity to create a Ray Bradbury museum in the former Carnegie Library in Waukegan. The building is partically rehabbed (though roughly $1.4 million away from being up to code for occupany).

I was curious as to whether any such museum already exists or if any similar efforts to create a museum had ever been initiated. Also, I'm interested in any ideas anyone might have for what the museum could contain.

The property is ideally situated in a site over looking Lake Michigan in Bradbury's hometown.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great idea, but a better site would be in his grandparents' house, which was right around the corner from his house, and is currently for sale.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Russ:

Wayne Munn curently heads the restoration project for the Carnegie Library, in Waukegan. If you reached him you could find out more about what is involved. As of now, no other museum or major place for housing large displays of Bradbury's works exists. The house which Bradbury's grandparents once owned, is up for sale. Several photos of it can be found in the Forum titled: "Favorite Book/Story". Once there, look for the posting ..."Ray's Grandparent's House for Sale."

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post