Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Happy 91st Birthday Ray
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy 91st Birthday Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A tertiary exhortation! if I may. And a link to a 1970 convention talk Mr. Bradbury made:
http://www.comicconmemories.co...listen-to-them-here/

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received stuff from:
Vista, CA
Bernalillo, NM
Canton, NY

No guarantee that Ray will respond to requests during his birthday week.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: Understood...and appreciated, in any event! Enjoy the festivities. We hope our thoughts are felt across the miles!
f

(My mom celebrates her 90th with her identical twin sister one week later! Both in great spirits and as active as the years allow!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Deal announced for DANDELION WINE movie!

http://www.variety.com/article...=RSS|News|LatestNews

Happy Birthday to Ray Bradbury!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I always say when a movie deal is announced, "don't hold your breath!" However, this one sounds promising because of the track record and commitment of those involved. Fingers well and truly crossed.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in Germany and discovered this posting a little bit too late, to send a card to the USA. Therefore also just an electronic message:

Happy Birthday, dear Ray!

I live in Germany and am an avid reader of your works since 2004, when a russian mailfriend introduced me to the story "The Miracles of Jamie". I had a similar experience as Jamie when I was younger, so I could (perhaps too good Wink ) connect to Jamies mind and feelings. But it was a fascinating read and since then I discovered many more writings of you, which fascinate me and which I enjoy reading.

With best wishes for the years to come and with love,
Frank

--------------------------------------------
contact: http://i150.photobucket.com/al...08/fotos137/mail.jpg

Posts: 28 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,
So sorry to hear of Alan's passing, he seemed to be a caring man. You did not specifically address the sharing of the link to the lecture with you or on the board; other members being desirous of the latter. I hesitate to make this public without assurance that this will not transgress on anyone's 'intellectual property rights', Harlan being particularly sensitive on this issue as I recall. I will be most happy to send a CD but made the offer to you so that if you wished to burn one from the file, it could be done before the 22nd. This is not a requirement, obviously, just an option that could be excercized. My thanks to you for providing this opportunity to share with Ray something of his past achievements.

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: 18 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. Tarpinian:

Just joined the board to express my admiration and birthday wishes to Mr. Bradbury. I would greatly appreciate it if you would pass this along to him on the 22nd. Thank you!

Dear Mr. Bradbury:

I have savored and re-savored your work for many years. Whenever I want to experience the pure joy of reading, likely as not I’ll pick up something - anything! - you’ve written.

Case in point: I first read “The Big Black and White Game” thirty years ago. Your description of Long Johnson on the pitcher’s mound sparked the most vivid imagery I’ve experienced from the written word, ever. His grace remains alive in my imagination to this day.

I hope these few words of appreciation will brighten your birthday -- for your words never fail to brighten my mind and enrich my soul. Happy Birthday, Mr. Bradbury, and God bless you.

Sincerely,
Chris Valk

Posts: 1 | Location: NJ USA | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received an envelope from Meridian, MS today but it does not indicate on the envelope if it is for Ray or not.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meridian, MS

Was it from Charles Baker "Dill" Harris!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No it was not.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here.

We honored Ray today at our yard sale. Anyone who could tell us how old he would be on Monday got their stuff for free.

Several people hauled off cool treasures without having to open up their wallets, but the best winner was the cutest little eight-year-old girl who lit up as if she were one of the kids at old Mr. Jonas' wagon when she spotted a stuffed toy pig family in a "pignic" basket. When she asked her father to buy the toy for her, she got the classic, "I know you want it, but do you really need it?" When my favorite human companion said she could have it for free if she could guess correctly how old Ray Bradbury would be on Monday, she rolled her eyes up and to the left for just two-and-a-half seconds before saying matter-of-factly, "Ninety-one."

Pure magic, six ways from Sunday!

MTD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MogtheDog,

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. B, Congratulations on the successful completion of your 91st solar orbit!
God grant you many years!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray really enjoyed all the cards. He sends his love and appreciation to one and all.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
jkt, any moments from the gathering that will be shared (when time allows) here on the site?!