Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What character do you relate with?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What character do you relate with?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
How about what animal do you most closely relate to you or your "persona"?

Mine is definitely some kind of packrat or furry field mouse. I know a girl at work and she so reminds me of a turtle and I'm not the only one who thinks so including her.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cats. Deffinately.

But a friend of mine once said I was like an otter.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, interestingly enough.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe every single person has a cartoon twin, but only another person can identify who that is. We rarely appear to ourselves the same as we do to others.

I've been told I resemble a chicken, these same people used to refer to my mom as "The Mother Hen" and to our house as "The Coop". I don't like being a chicken.

"I'm a chicken-hawk!"
"I say, I say, Ol' Foghorn Leghorn'll make chicken-hawk outta you yet, son."
================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cartoon twin is Fat Freddy's Cat!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely a cat, and am still waiting for a good definitive cartoon cat. Haven't seen a cartoon yet that does real cats justice.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love cats. My big boy died almost a year ago from liver cancer. He was a 20 lb. Maine Coon monstrosity. He galloped liked a horse, was scared of laser pointers (very intelligent), and was my best friend and bed-warmer. I miss him.

One time he was on the patio and chewed on a pepper plant's fruit (a pepper) and I got up to shoo him from the plant, but he was already backing off of it. I stood at the back door watching in amazement as he panted like a dog. The poor guy, but still the funniest thing I've ever seen. I laugh whenever I think about it.

"There's only two kinds of people in the world--those who say there's only two kinds of people in the world and those who don't."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably posted before, but:

Dogs have Masters.
Cats have Staff.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, and definitely posted before:

There are three kinds of people:
Those who can count, and those who can't.

posted Hide Post
“Carmine said there would be one boy and there are two!”—The Freshman

Two statements, ah, ah, ah.—The Count

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
I believe every single person has a cartoon twin

MISS SPIDER.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also relate to Jeeves in the Wodehouse stories!