Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What character do you relate with?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What character do you relate with?
 Login/Join

posted
Just a fun question I thought of the other day. Sorry if this has been posted before!

If you were a character in any existing book, movie or play, who would you be?
What character do you see much of yourself in?

Me, I feel endeared to the character of Maggie (the cat) from Cat on a hot tin roof

Cats are a mysterious kind of folk..

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frankie "F. Jasmine" Adams from "The Member of the Wedding," IS ME, and I am her!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pip, from Great Expectations.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Copperfield

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Copperfield, Dan’l Peggoty, Uncle Billy and of course George Bailey.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quasimodo (The Hunchback), Lenny (Of Mice And Men), and Bianca (from Sturgeon's "Bianca's Hands") because they had an undying need to be loved, a void which could never be filled. You could probably add Mary Shelley's monster and old Seaclops from RB's "The Foghorn" to that list. Theodore Sturgeon has several such characters in stories and novels, with "Saucer Of Lonliness" and MORE THAN HUMAN being his most famous and perhaps saddest.

On the flip side of that is Ray Bradbury's Clarisse from F-451 who runs amok stuffing herself full of loveliness, running into the rain, not away from it--head back, mouth open, tongue out... tasting the rain. Beautiful child. Don't we all want to be like that?

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes Eyore, sometimes Owl, sometimes Pooh, sometimes Piglet...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always thought I was somewhat like the main character in the film 'The Shawshank Redemption'

Or maybe 'Jeremiah Johnson,' although I am nowhere near as good-looking as Redford...(lol)

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31 and fanboy, I am reading your book!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion,
And whether that book shall be the favorite of your life, or whether that station will be held by another, its pages must show. (But then there’s “Dandelion Wine” and then there’s everything else.)

Braling II,
Piglet. Yes, Piglet! How could I have not thought of him? Piglet for sure.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, "Dandelion Wine" would be an EXTREMELY tough act to follow!

posted Hide Post
Dandelion, you will like it. The other character which I deeply connect with is Cyrano De Bergerac. I never get tired of that story.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fanboy, you have good taste.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Sometimes Eyore, sometimes Owl, sometimes Pooh, sometimes Piglet...

Sometimes.. I feel like going to 100 acre woods and giving Eyore a house of some kind. Although I'm sure some kind of malicious butterfly would land on it thusly destroying it.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alice.

Alice in wonderland. I can relate to her. Or Dorothy.