Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "In Defense of Los Angeles"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"In Defense of Los Angeles"
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I'm hoping someone on this board may be able to help me out. The below quote appeared in recent issue of GQ (my roommates, I swear) and I'm trying to confirm whether or not he ever wrote an essay with the title of "In Defense of Los Angeles."

"I forsee a day when there will be 170 million Americans in Southern California, six people in New York State renegotiating that old land-sale with the Manhattes, an half a hundred sinners in that Sixth Ring of Hell, blueprinted by Dante, and called Chicago by the inmates."

And that's all I've got. No date, nothing else.
Any assistance in finding the original full text would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are thinking that this may be a Ray Bradbury piece, it's not. Sounds more like something Ken Kesey might have come up with.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kesey, or Tom Robbins, or Tom Wolfe ...

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post