Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    College class to visit

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College class to visit
 Login/Join

posted
Dear Ray,

I teach college writing and would like students who are reading the "2001: And The Moon--" story from _The Martian Chronicles_ to come to you web site.

I hope they will ask a few questions.

Are there other teachers here?

Please introduce yourselves. I am pleased to meet you out there in Bradburyland. I grew up in East Chicago reading Ray Bradbury in the 1960s and am now on Arizona.

Gloria

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona  | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gloria, and welcome to the boards. Ray Bradbury doesn't actually view the boards - he doesn't use a computer, and his eyesight isn't great. However, there are folks on here who are in direct contact with Ray and are able to occasionally convey messages to him.

There are plenty of teachers on here. I am a university lecturer, based in the UK. Your students will be most welcome here, and I look forward to reading their questions and comments.

As you are new to the boards, why not head over to the "Where y'all from" thread, and tell us where y'all are from. (I know you just told us, but you can give us more detail over there!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just posted a windy intro to Where Y'all from...Being from The Windy City originally, we do tend to go on with ourselves a bit.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. I never would have noticed it.

Gloria

Posts: 14 | Location: Arizona  | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post