Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT!
 Login/Join

posted
Hello faithful fans and board posters!

I know many of you have been waiting for some time for the archiveso the old board to be posted tot his new Ray Bradbury Message Board. Well, I am happy to announce that tomorrow (Thursday November 30th) at 1pm EST the web team will do just that.

NOTE! To do this they will need to shut down this board for a few hours. As soon as tehy are done, they will bring this board back up, but please allow for a three hour lack of access to this board for the maintenance and transfer of archives.

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WONDERFUL! WE WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is to confirm that the archives from the old message board, and some other posts that had been lost but were forwarded to us recently, have now been added to this message board as a service to you.

They have been added by date, and have been integrated into the other posts on this board sequentially.

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh. (Goes off to look.)

OK, they are separate threads. We now have several threads with the same title, different content (kinda like some of Ray's stories) as well as some threads which appeared only on the old board which are now here. It may cause minor confusion, but all seems to be here, which is the important thing!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:

Noticed the post count remained the same. Are you SURE...the posts were all transferred? If so, GREAT!

Also, why did the 'year' for the postings get dropped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did a tour of the' new' facilities, so to speak, and Yep! The old posts seem to be in place. wOw! Quite a job. I understand some of them have been lost, something like that son of perdition...hopefully they were the bothersome ones...

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard...I am *sure* that *some* of the posts were transferred--as stuff which appeared *only* on the old board has appeared here.

I am equally *sure* not *all* was transferred. Remember the 300+ posts dropped from the "Ruled Paper" thread (originally, before the move from the old to the new board)? I found them in limbo in cyberspace, but didn't trust them to stay there, so saved them in file form by two different methods to my hard drive. (Sure enough, I can no longer find them in cyberspace.) I sent them to be added to the board as well, and they haven't showed. (Using the search function here, which is VERY good, certain phrases used in that thread don't show up.) Remember, also, that another 300 posts were dropped from that thread during the transfer from the old board, to this one? Well, if they didn't make it *this* time, there's *no* recovering them, as there IS no old board to which to refer!

I notified the powers that be and received an extremely snotty missive that they've done all they would, and could, and we're damn lucky to get *that* much. Now, if anyone can tell me how to attach a file here, or if I can figure it out myself, I will attach the messages I have as a file, but I have absolutely NO way of determining what may be missing in action!

Also...I've just noticed there's now a thing reading "Imported Forums" above these, and it's locked...can't even be opened...and I thought the imported forums were supposed to be at least readable! Could some of the posts be in there, while others ended up here?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

posted Hide Post
Our original intention was to put the posts fromt he old boards in the IMPORTED FORUMS topic, but when we went to do the actual import found that was a technical impossibility. There is nothing in the IMPORTED FORUMS topic now; we will take it down as soon as we can.

posted Hide Post
So what am I looking at? Posts that I thought were old posts from the old site that really have been here all along? Is TK saying no posts from the old board have been able to be transferred?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of the old stuff which was never posted here did make it ,I think, (see multiple "What Are You Reading" threads) but when I searched the archives for that funky exploremarsnow.com website, which I'd posted on the old forum, nothing came up.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post