Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Award show

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Award show
 Login/Join

posted
Watch the Nebula Award ceremony live! 8.15pm EDT! Includes the Ray Bradbury Award for film/tv.

http://www.sfwa.org/2011/05/wa...wards-ceremony-live/

I've never watched the ceremony, so don't know how entertaining it is. And it's well past my (UK) bedtime, so I might have to give it a miss...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the Bradbury award goes to...

Inception.

And Ray's friend Harlan Ellison picked up another Nebula, this one for his terrific story "How Interesting: a Tiny Man".

Full list on the SFWA website, here:
http://www.sfwa.org/2011/05/ne...d-winners-announced/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
And the Bradbury award goes to...

Inception.

Oh, no - not Inception! That movie was so boring!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it yet!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I haven't seen it yet!

I just saved you two hours of your life. You're welcome. Big Grin

See Toy Story 3, instead!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved INCEPTION--plan to buy it.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That night I was praying for Inception, but it was given to some other movie, I was very disappointed. Hard luck next time.

Posts: 1 | Location: 2203 Park Cir SW, Olympia, WA 98512 | Registered: 02 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, no!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Dandelion, can you delete these spammish posts? (The "Karen Marcus" one, I mean.)

Some board members will know only too well what's going on here, but for the benefit of those who haven't realised: one very good way of getting a website elevated in the listings from Google, is to generate links to your website. Putting a web address in the signature of a forum posting is a free, easy way of doing this.

I don't think signature links to commercial websites should be permitted on this message board, unless they are to things directly related to Bradbury.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Dandelion, if you have the ability to do so, I strongly endorse Phil's suggestion that all postings containing spam be deleted from the RB Board.

Posts: 2470 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post