Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Significance of McClellan...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Significance of McClellan...
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently teaching a large sci-fi/technology unit in school. After reading "Fahrenheit 451" and "There Will Come Soft Rains," I noticed that Bradbury uses the last name "McClellan" in both stories. Is there a personal tie to this name for him? I've heard rumors it is his mother's maiden name? It would help to know if there is one, because it's a great author-to-text connection.

THANKS!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RB's mother was a Swedish immigrant whose maiden name was Esther Moberg. There is no explanation of the name McClellan having any significance in The Bradbury Chronicles, Conversations With Ray Bradbury, or Bradbury Speaks.

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post