Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Hi, I'm new

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi, I'm new
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I'm new. Umm, I feel a little embarrased to say that I haven't read many Ray Bradbury books, but am starting. I read Fahrenheit 451 recently for a school project, and fell in love with it. I was at the library the other day and decided, 'what the heck, I'll just read some more of his stuff,' andfound the Illustrated Man. I'm in the middle of that now and it's really good. He has such a unique, deep, and beautiful way of writing. Well I'm in a hurry so I gotta get going, but does anyone know of any other of his boooks to start with> thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dreams by candlelight::::::::::::

Why not...find the stories you love...the way the author...Mr. Bradbury himself did....when he was young....?

You go to a library...or a major bookstore (you got one of those?) and start lifting books... and to your eyes: phrases, sentences, words on pages, until they 'speak' to you...

Run fast to that which makes you see a reality of truth... to that which catches your heart like a great surprise.... Discover yet another story, and wonder there... Then...take another Bradbury book, and find one story to sit down and be entranced with... maybe it'll be an entire book.... or maybe just a handful of short stories. That means, you find your own favorite Ray Bradbury stories..... There are so many....

Remember...Ray 'tumbled' from shelf to shelf in the library, book pile to book pile, grabbing books here, there, reading this line, this page, this place here, and so much there, until his heart became filled ... until genetics, as he would call it, pushed him into a world created by living words... alive within him, in touch with this author, or that author, falling in love here, there, with this passage, that penning of a vision of some dream written long ago by an author now rediscovered by Ray's "ambitious love..."

This kind of passion pushes out all the dark...it has no room for invitation.

The devils on the outside find his house filled with furniture too wonderful for them... they must go elsewhere....

And so Ray fought the bland, the unchartered road, and all that would 'have' him in some unwelcomed world...and later found the gift at work to pen "beauty" onto paper....

....Just look thru his works...and find the beauty that best fits 'your' love.....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post