Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Original Manuscript

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Original Manuscript
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently come into possession of an original copy of the Manuscript "Old Ahab's Friend, and Friend to Noah..." which was given to my father in law by Ray Bradbury in the early '70's. I am wondering what this might be worth to someone.. It likely requires authentication.... but it is definitely authentic. any suggestions from the Bradbury fans?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 31 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless the landlord is suffucating your children and bill collectors are draining your blood, why would you want to even think of selling something like this? Hold it for another 50 years and it'll be worth more than you paid for your house. What's it worth today? Likely a single house payment! Maybe more.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does "an original copy of the Manuscript" mean? Is it an original manuscript? One of a few copies made of the manuscript? Either way, I agree with Nard, with one exception; hang onto it, but get it copied and send the copy to our moderator!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Original Manuscript means a number of fine typewritten pages (what's that paper called - almost as thin as tissue paper?) typed by Ray Bradbury in the '70s - complete with blotches - handed to my pop-in-law by Ray B on the occasion of their meeting in early '70's - he can't remember the date.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 31 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
diane:

...it's called Onion Skin!

Yep! Sounds like an original ms. to me!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Diane - If interested in having further / official authentication or would like to have an appraisal done, we could do that for you. I work at PBA Galleries, a book auction house in San Francisco, and this is exactly the kind of thing we do. We do charge for official appraisals. Most do it for insurance purposes. Otherwise, we also offer material such as this at auction on consigment. If interested, let me know. Tom Lommen (email tom@pbagalleries.com)

Posts: 2 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post