Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Martian Cronicles warning for today

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Cronicles warning for today
 Login/Join

posted
"The Martian Cronicles" are still misunderstood.

The extinction not unlike one that had happen to the Martians by Earth microbes, is about to hit us by Martian microbes.

Like the Martians had choosen to believe that the arrived humans are an imagination fluke, we have choosen to believe that the images of life that arrive from Mars now, are imagination fluke.

Truth that we do not want to see

If we will not mend out ways, we will eventually bring Martian microbes here.

A

Posts: 2 | Location: Tinton Falls, NJ,USA | Registered: 01 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proprietors: Sam and Elma Parkhill
(Of course, originally doing business under the name of "Sam's Hot Dogs")
http://public.carnet.hr/~ikusan/images/hotdogs2.jpg

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look what happened in "War of the Worlds." That'll larn 'em to mess with *our* microbes!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...They were undone, destroyed, after all of man's weapons and devices had failed, by the tiniest creatures that God in his wisdom put upon this earth."

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great closing line. I have not yet seen the 2005 W of W but remain a fan of the original with Gene Barry: http://www.cinemablend.com/review.php?id=1025

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, haven't seen the remake and love the original. Very creative, imaginative, and non-stereotypical designs of both the Martians and their ships! Hooray for George Pal!

posted Hide Post
The remake is awesome even in spite of starring Tom Cruise!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. I guess I'll check it out, though it'll have to be on the "small screen" as it's left the cinema by now. So Cruise doesn't make any money off me, maybe I can get it from the library...