Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    GoodMorning
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoodMorning
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Right, Nard...I see at least one wrong answer in your comments. The woman's name was Lydia, not Linda. As far as I know there is no actual Linda anywhere in Bradbury. Correct me if wrong, but I believe the only use of that name was in place of Millie in the movie version of "Fahrenheit 451."

"Why Lin-da. You're ab-so-lute-ly fan-tas-tic."

I believe the other item was a torn-up scarf of Lydia's, but it may not have been picked up at the same time.

I saw the "Married, with Children" episode, too. It wasn't a "Gilligan's Island" plot Bud gave his sister, but merely the theme song, for which she received a lecture from the principal. "A three-hour lecture. A three-hour lecture."

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
There you go! Best intentions fail. Yep! Right there. Lydia! (Oh well!)

By the way, whatever happened to Jazmine, by whom this entire thread was started...?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah! I've been sitting here a whole year thinking the same thing myself.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Driven away by our inability to give a straight answer (or keep a straight face)...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having been in a teaching situation more than once in Minnesota as well as here I, too, feel that if a student has at least read the material and then is a bit perplexed as to theme, connotation, or metaphoric application, then and only then should regular board posters offer a bit of help.

Like others, I many times would answer a question with another question with the idea of getting the student to think about what they were asking and then allowing to find the answer themselves. That is not always possible, but the thing of education is being able to find out information by a variety of means, and then to apply what you have learned.

Duh!!! How stupid am I? I didn't notice that the thread was a year old. Well, what I said above I still believe. That's my story and I am sticking with it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for bumping this one back up, biplane, I got a kick out of reading this. Sadly, it's the highlight of my night, heh heh.

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In what other famous story are two children named Peter and Wendy?

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Peter Pan" of course.
Coincidentally, I just re-read recently.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post