Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Should the Fahrenheits Sue Bradbury?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should the Fahrenheits Sue Bradbury?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Check this out on Moore's "Documentary" making technique:
http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/bowlingforcolumbine/scenes/bank.htm

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! All members of the Ray Bradbury message board community NARD KORDELL is a true champion, and winner. If you post something that he doesn't like he will shame you with his wit and smarts, so badly that you will cry. Again I repeat NARD KORDELL is a true champion.

Posts: 15 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stinker:
Dear Mr. Bradbury,

In light of your efforts to compel Michael Moore to apologize for borrowing his "Fahrenheit 911" title from your story "Fahrenheit 451," we are writing to inquire into the status of your own public apologies regarding your works entitled "Something Wicked This Way Comes," "I Sing the Body Electric!," "No Man is an Island" and "Remembrance of Things Future."

Sincerely,
Messrs William Shakespeare, Walt Whitman, John Donne, and Marcel Proust

Stinker: Have you ever heard of the concept of PUBLIC DOMAIN?

Educate yourself before you embarass yourself. Ooops, too late.

[This message has been edited by Glamis (edited 06-23-2004).]

-Glamis<br /><br />Threshold RPG - Our World, Your Imagination.<br /><br /> http://www.thresholdrpg.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, you made a good point. I'm simply too lazy to mail bradbury a letter, and as a matter of fact, sending letters to congressmen and busy people is usually frustrating because you just get stupid form letters back. Talking on message boards feels better for me, because I get direct responces, and it allows my frustration to be expressed. I know that it IS completely fruitless in getting the man behind the outrcry to listen to reason. Who knows though, maybe a good idea would simply to be to print off some pages from this forum and send him that, he might be interested, he might not.

By the way, now I'm mostly sticking around because frankly I'm surprised at some of the ultra-defensive combative attitudes of the forum regulars, and find their reactions pretty amazing.

Posts: 9 | Location: orem, ut, usa | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zoobiewa,

Please stick around for more, once things settle down. You'll find the board stimulating if you're a fan of Bradbury and his works.

But I'm sorry you characterize the response of the board regulars as "ultra-defensive" and "combative." At the risk of turning this into "he/she said it first" kind of thing, well, they DID say it first. That is, the Michael Moore supporters raided this site and started spouting off. I don't know about some of the others, but I estimate that I've responded to roughly 1 out of 10 new posts. I think I've remained civil, kept the sarcasm to a minimum, and tried to make some good points without repeating myself. Perhaps that's not to your liking - and that's okay, you're certainly entitled to your opinion - but taking up for what I think is right in a vigorous manner is no vice. And certainly neither "ultar defensive" nor "combative."

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox debuted a new comedy called "Arrested Development." The band Arrested Development has sued.

Sad, true, and extremely funny!

(For those who missed out on what political satire is all about, try: http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/satire/)

PBW

Posts: 3 | Location: Columbus, OH, USA | Registered: 23 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post