Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    media munipulation

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

media munipulation
 Login/Join

posted
the role and influence of the media in f451 compares to that of the mass media in australian society...do u agree??

Posts: 6 | Location: Brisbane,QLD, Australia | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never been to Australia, and it has never been one of my more important studies, that is to say...it's media relationship to Fahreneheit 451, for instance.
I do own a car that was built in Australia, but that teaches me nothing pertaining to your inquiry, unfortunately...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well what would you say to media in genral then..not just from australia's perspective?

Posts: 6 | Location: Brisbane,QLD, Australia | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per your question:
Books have confused, bewildered, made people angry, made people sad, made people cry...that's what books have done to people...and thus, all these emotions are considered ...something to be protected from.
And so the Fiireman as a protector.
The TV portrayed, on the other hand, seems to have hypnotized people, and that appears to be okay! The ownership of 'another' wall screen is encouraged.
Censorship, to my understanding in the book, seems to be roused by the conflicts of philosophies, the many ideas colliding, that in turn cause conflict...and so forth. The meaning of Truth, it appears, is lost, and subjugation of books finds its turn in society....as a necessity.

In particular to "media" in Fahrenheit... media seems to be welcomed, but a specific, tailored media that is there to produce an effect of greater control....so there is no mis-step in the response by those watching...

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 08-23-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much...uve been very helpful...thanks