Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    a mother's tale

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a mother's tale
 Login/Join

posted
I believe that is the correct title of the story that i am looking for. It concerns a mother cow that escapes a slaughterhouse. is anyone familiar with this story? Thanks for your help. thyme

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reply came from Xan by way of ExLibris, the Lost Boards at MSN Groups:

I don't have a description of the book, but does this author ring any bells? It's in ABE (Advanced Book Exchange):
AGEE, James A MOTHER'S TALE
"A Mother's Tale." In Encounter, April 1958 Very Good. Bookseller Inventory # 21815
Price: US$ 15.00 Presented by Antic Hay Books, Asbury Park, NJ, U.S.A.
I checked "A Mother's Tail" on a hunch, but nothing came up.

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, this sounds like a definite solve: "A Mother's Tale," by James Agee. http://www.amybrown.net/women/mother.html
I am aware there are still a couple of unsolved, non-Bradbury story inquiries I haven't yet sent to all possible forums, which I will make a point of doing when the opportunity is better for me. (Meaning, I haven't forgotten, I just haven't gotten around to it.)

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post