Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Literary Criticism?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Literary Criticism?
 Login/Join

posted
Hey, I'm a new member to the board, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked.

I'm doing a research paper on Ray Bradbury focusing on his writing style--i. e. syntax, diction, theme, etc.--and I'm having a hard time finding any books/essays on this that are still in print. If any of you have suggestions of book titles, publishing companies, or websites it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--Kristal

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are several books of criticism on the writings of Ray Bradbury that have been published over the years. Some are out-of-print, so you may need to check a local public or university library to find them. All have been listed at one time or another on this website, but here they are again for your convenience: THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES, by George Slusser (Borgo Press,1977); RAY BRADBURY, edited by Martin Greenberg and Joseph Olander (Taplinger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY, by Wayne L. Johnson (Unger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY (MODERN CRITICAL VIEWS), edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001); and RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION, by Robin Anne Reid (Greenwood Press, 2000). Also, there are two books of criticism devoted to Ray's novel "Fahrenheit 451": RAY BRADBURY'S FAHRENHEIT 451, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001) and READINGS ON FAHRENHEIT 451, edited by Katie de Koster (Greenwood Press, 2000). The last four books are all still in print and can ordered from Amazon.com; I believe the others are out-of-print.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kristal, in case you are interested in any of the books of Bradbury criticism that are out of print and can't be found in a library, you may well be able to find copies available for purchase on the Advanced Book Exchange (also known as ABE). You can reach their website, and run a search for the books, by clicking on the following link:
http://www.abebooks.com

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yay, thank you so much. This really helps.

Posts: 2 | Location: California | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post