Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Paris Review

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Paris Review
 Login/Join

posted
Here is the link to part of Ray's article in the Spring 2010 issue of The Paris Review.

http://www.theparisreview.org/...view.php/prmMID/6012

Now if the Borders and Nobles of the world here on the left coast would get them in stock...

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well spotted, jkt. I looked on their website a few days ago, but saw nothing.

I've never seen The Paris Review on this side of the pond. Not even in Paris...

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another interview with Ray scheduled for the July 2010 FAMOUS MONSTERS:

http://comicnewsi.com/index.php?itemid=13033

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Well spotted, jkt. I looked on their website a few days ago, but saw nothing.

I've never seen The Paris Review on this side of the pond. Not even in Paris...

I finally got copies from a mega bookshop this morning. Probably when you were posting your message.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, the cat is out of the bag as to the name of Ray's next anthology with this article. The picture selected for the cover art sits in Ray's study. That's all I'm sayin'.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
FROM DINOSAURS TO ANCIENT EGYPT?

You started this, jkt! Smiler

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
FROM DINOSAURS TO ANCIENT EGYPT?

You started this, jkt! Smiler

The title is also the name of a comic book character.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Alas, I don't have the whole interview, so the clue I'm looking for probably wasn't in the linked extract. My next guess was THE BORE OF ALL TIME ... although Ray probably wouldn't give one of his own books a title like that.

Seriously, though, RB has discarded, or failed to use (so far), some wonderful titles. THE BLUE REMEMBERED HILLS is one, and my favorite, DOWNWIND FROM DEATH, is another. The latter was of course the book Crumley was working on in DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Alas, I don't have the whole interview, so the clue I'm looking for probably wasn't in the linked extract. My next guess was THE BORE OF ALL TIME ... although Ray probably wouldn't give one of his own books a title like that.

Seriously, though, RB has discarded, or failed to use (so far), some wonderful titles. THE BLUE REMEMBERED HILLS is one, and my favorite, DOWNWIND FROM DEATH, is another. The latter was of course the book Crumley was working on in DEATH IS A LONELY BUSINESS.

An X-man character would be another hint.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
In my comics days I was a DC fan, and I never got into the Marvel universe (well, except a bit of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four).

But just to see if something clanged a bell, I looked up the Wikipedia article, and found enough X-men characters to fill a football stadium. And sure enough, at least THREE had names that match Ray Bradbury short stories! So the trail is cold. But I don't mind waiting anyway ... knowing the title of a forthcoming book just makes me impatient. And besides, I've bought so many books in the early months of this year that I've even backed off ordering A PLEASURE TO BURN for the present. You might say I'm a bit overbooked.

posted Hide Post
Just to note you can buy The Paris Review directly from their website. Just click on the Current Issue on the menu bar then on the bottom is an option to buy the magazine.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, I forgot to add thanks for info!

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Issue arrived today. The new short story collection is tentatively titled Juggernaut. Smiler

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The website Open Culture has this article about author interviews The Paris Review is making available online.

http://www.openculture.com/201...iews_now_online.html

If one scrolls down a bit on this page...Ray Bradbury's Interview:

http://www.theparisreview.org/interviews

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post