Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    451 Women

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

451 Women
 Login/Join

posted
We always speculate on which actor would best play Montag or Beatty but rarely do we think of which women would be perfect for the parts of Mildred, Clarice and The Burning Book Woman.

I’m thinking a good actress to play Clarice would be Ellen Page, intelligent and a little bit of a smart aleck. A good Mildred would be Laura Prepon, she can pay dull. The woman who burns with her books would be a good role for Kathy Bates, because she is who she is.

What are your suggestions?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good one, jkt - although for a minute there I thought we had to suggest four hundred and fifty-one women for film roles...

For Mildred, how about Felicity Huffman?

Clarisse (note spelling!): hmmm, no suggestions for this. If we could travel back in time, maybe Nicole Kidman, but she's really too old to play a seventeen-year-old these days.

Book-burning lady (what IS that character called? Must look it up!): I agree that Ms Bates would be perfect.

What I DO know for sure: casting the same actor for Mrs Montag and Clarisse is NOT a wise move. (This move is known as the Truffaut manouevre!)

Yes, manouevre is a good word. Better than maneuver.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like these games. I've played in the past.

Clarisse might need to be an undiscovered natural talent on the order of a young Drew Barrymore.

Mildred could be Nicole Kidman.

Book-Burning Lady: Dame Judy Dench.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
....Book-Burning Lady: Dame Judy Dench.

Dame Judy is a great choice, too.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Yes, manouevre is a good word.

I was going to say that!

Dame is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...on my mind lately: What's up with the movie! We must get this done, properly!

This from the attic!!! Some of our young, perfect choices have grown out of the roles over the past 6+ years!!

https://raybradburyboard.com/ev...rum_scope=3791083901

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post