Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Censor" or EDIT this site

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Censor" or EDIT this site
 Login/Join

posted
The Moderator.... has at 'least' 2 choices (there are more).... "Censor" what comes in on this site, or "Edit" the messages like any good Editor of any publication, paper or cyber.

But without holding onto "truth", these 'break down' ... when the Quality and Character of the one who edits is questioned. Afterwards, the Questioners are questioned. It becomes a typical mess. When no one knows what "truth" is anymore, then its time to bail ship.

The Editor (or Moderator of this Site) must know what truth is, what good sense is, what is good judgment.... AND what is the actual purpose of this site...and make 'Boundaries' accordingly.

For Comments on Juvenile Graffitti:
See Posting in

Resources,

entitled:
Cornflakes.

Scroll down to near bottom...

Look for this date:
9/25/2002 11:15AM

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has become quite tedious! If it is obviously offensive and out of the realm of this site's primary purpose - "Celebrating the Lifetime of Mr. Bradbury's Imagination" -plain and simple, IT SHOULD NOT REMAIN!

New and serious visitors are long gone after reading recent (dare I say) comments. They left with a "first impression," having no idea of what went on just a week ago among informed or well-intended participants!

In the spirit of SWTWC, "Soap and bubbles for all our/the site's troubles!!"

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 09-25-2002).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Who needs a mission statement? fjpalumbos has provided the mission statement that exists here, already. If it is outside that penumbra, it should not remain. There is not a lot of judgement required on much of this stuff.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the deserving few: have patience. I'm only here twice a day; in between I have...what I jokingly call..."a life." A message is on its way to Julia Bannon (who gets PAID for this!) which should correct the worst of the problems. For the undeserving: you know who you are. Your days here are numbered.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank You.

Really.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Dejavu all over again, Dandelion!
Keep the edit button on standby!

I can not think of anything that has been posted here by "Serious" fans or new found friends (over the past year) that warranted the moderator's or site administrator's deletion. We may not always agree on the
interpretations or philosophies of a certain piece of writing or cinema production, but we do develop some very interesting dialogues. American, French, Spanish, Russian, Bosnian, Australian, and how many
other nationalities have been represented here?? Pretty neat stuff!

No Paxil or Tylenol, please. Maybe some Dandelion Wine! "Whoosh! Zoom! I'm a fire eater!!"

But to be perfectly honest - after a few days of that nonsense - the comment posted about Jeff Spender knocking out Biggs' teeth after he desecrated the beautiful Martian canal really was a perfect metaphor for all to enjoy.

Well....maybe I should only speak for myself.
And the moon be still as bright.....

(Thanks for your effort, Dandy!)

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
many thanks to Dandelion for the removal of nonsense.

~Keli Linda~

Posts: 32 | Location: San Diego, CA, US | Registered: 10 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post