Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Cornflakes
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cornflakes
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark, that whole thread, including the scoldings, is now gone. I edited out all direct references to "you-know-who" in other peoples' posts because I wouldn't want to dignify those morons with a mention in these pages. They are the Sam Parkhills of the planet, someone needs to knock their teeth out, and, in today's environment, someone most likely will. The cornflakes conversation is silly, and, unless diverted in the right direction, pointless, but I didn't find it on a level with the thread you cited above. By the way, here is my contribution: the only breakfast cereal I recall being mentioned in any of Ray's works is Quaker Oats. There was some sort of prize Douglas received in "Dandelion Wine," but I don't know without checking whether it was from a cereal or a serial (radio program, but those were usually associated with products) or some other source. Anyone?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Difference between a junior and senior member is number of posts. I don't know how many because I post only when I have something to say.

I believe once you make it past your thirtieth post, you graduate from "junior" status. I was actually paying attention to that little detail.

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geeezzzz. And I thought it was intellectual acumen! One more thin tether of self-esteem snatched out from under me!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark, your intellectual musings caused me to take another look at "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock." I can't believe T. S. Eliot was only 20 when he wrote that poem; my guess would have been at least twice that. He had certainly acquired great knowledge and wisdom in a few years. The line about measuring out one's life with coffee spoons just made me think some people must be measuring theirs with cereal spoons. Guess it keeps them from pondering some great eternal question.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all, it was October, a rare month... for Mr. Dark.

To all of you who have conversed with Mr. Dark, he will not be able to actively participate on the message boards this week, due to being admitted to the hospital today with complications from a knee infection. PLEASE keep him in your thoughts and prayers and flood his email with well wishes! :-)

With your thoughts and well wishes he hopes to have a speedy return to this intellectual realm!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!
We just e-talked yesterday.
This is pretty serious stuff to get admitted to the hospital. nowadays. But the suggestion of prayer for Mr. Dark is most welcomed this side of the screen.
Get Well, Sir!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, Dandelion! Looks like they're baaaack. Really, it's getting kinda hard to ignore this kind of stuff. Isn't there something that can be done?

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears there is some urchin using IvanDrago32's computer. One person can't be that messed up and divided.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully not, Nard. Time for Dandelion to do some weeding!

posted Hide Post
CORNFLAKES ~ An appropriate topic title:

Webster New World Dictionary:
"corn" - [slang] ideas, comments banal or insipid in manner
"flake" - [slang] eccentric, unbalanced, irrational

Wasn't Montag reading a dictioanry at one point in the F451 movie?

Nice quick weeding, D!! A garden will only flourish if well tended.

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 10-02-2002).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post