Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Book Signing At Woodland Hills, CA Library

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Book Signing At Woodland Hills, CA Library
 Login/Join

posted
I called the library and they say that the book signing for December 6th is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. This is a Friend's Of The Library event so this will take place after the library has closed to the public. Ray's signing at library events is one of the best ways to get him to sign those treasured old books you've had since a wee lad or lassie.

22200 Ventura Boulevard
Woodland Hills, CA 91364

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do the book signings usually go? Do you just go see him, ask him to sign your book, then you leave? Or does he talk or anything? I don't know, just trying to get an idea.

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Steve-O, he usually lectures for about 45 minutes, then signs and greets.

Depending on how he feels, and how many folks are there, he may sign one book, two, or even more. I wouldn't depend on more than two, tho you never know!

Hope to see you there.

We board members who are going should come up with a way to identify ourselves, so others might know us! Ideas?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, unfortunatley, I won't be able to get all the way down there, I just wanted to know what I'd be missing. I'm up just north of Sacramento, and still a highschool student Big Grin, but as for identifying yourselves, I suggest the simplelest: Wear a nametag that says, "Hi, my name is: (Your Name Here) from raybradburyboard.com"

Heh heh, I'm sure someone more creative can think of something better!

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, well you're far then - sorry.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how many of you will I see tonight?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Photo album coming soon!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I can't make it tonight but thats ok!
Look what I got TODAY in an email!

Hello Mr. Parish,

CONGRATULATIONS! Your submission is one of the winning questions! Ray has sent us his written answer, and it will be posted on the www.outofthiseos.com blog on Monday December 11th.

Please confirm that we can send the signed copy of FAREWELL SUMMER to the address listed below.

Thanks for participating!

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, how was it? Did anything super-exciting happen?
...I heard he did a backflip! Is this true?

---