Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Mrs Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mrs Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
I was so sorry to hear of Mrs. Bradbury's passing.
I work in a restaurant that Mr. Bradbury frequents and he had come in often without her.
One day last year he came in and I gave him a big hug and a kiss, as I always do, and Marguerite walked in right behind him!
I apologized profusely to her. She waved me off with a big smile and said something to the effect of, " Don't worry, dear, I'm used to it! "
She was clearly not the least bit jealous and had a great sense of humour about it.
They came in together several times and she was always fashionably dressed and very friendly.
Mr. and Mrs. Bradbury had been together longer than I've been alive!
I've only been with my husband 13 years and cannot imagine being without him.
One thing a few of you may not know, so take heart: Ray Bradbury remembers everything. I mean everything. I went to a seminar of his and he said he remembers being born! When I see him out, he remembers my name, even though I'm not in the restaurant uniform he's used to seeing.
So this means he will remember every minute of every day he spent with her- in his mind, she will never die. She will live forever.
- Jennifer

Posts: 2 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clairrise451

Wow! Thanks for sharing that. And how will you ever forget these times either.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-05-2003).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what is the name if the restaurant? Thanks, what a great story to tell in the future.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Just curious, what is the name if the restaurant? Thanks, what a great story to tell in the future.

Pancho's Restaurant in Manhattan Beach, California. Mr. Bradbury likes Enchiladas.

Posts: 2 | Location: Carson, CA USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post