Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray on 1980's Twilight Zone
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray on 1980's Twilight Zone
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
FLIPPER?
GENTLE BEN?
THE RIFLEMAN?
DENNIS THE MENACE?
MAYBERRY RFD?

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get Smart! ?
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle?
Leave it To Beaver?
Father Knows Best?
Buns and Allen?
I Married Joan?
The Honeymooners?
Ding Dong School?

(oops! Time-travelling again!)

Actually, I'd guess "One Step Beyond"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
FLIPPER?
GENTLE BEN?
THE RIFLEMAN?
DENNIS THE MENACE?
MAYBERRY RFD?

No - I don't see any of these shows being much like TAGS, with the obvious exception of RFD, and not even that really!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Get Smart! ?
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle?
Leave it To Beaver?
Father Knows Best?
Buns and Allen?
I Married Joan?
The Honeymooners?
Ding Dong School?

(oops! Time-travelling again!)

Actually, I'd guess "One Step Beyond"

All fine guesses, all fine shows, all wrong, tho.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M*A*S*H is my second favourite American sitcom, and almost a mirror-image of TAGS in the style it was written, acted, and filmed.

Many episodes were written by some of the same folks who wrote many of the best Griffith shows.

I could tell you lots of good stories of TAGS - M*A*S*H connections. But I won't.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Little House On The Prairie
or
All Creatures Great and Small?
Therse were later than Andy Griffith, though...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys know...no tv in the fp451 household. But I do tape worthy programs at school for some m&d authorized family viewing: (ie, the following from TvLand - Munsters, Leave It To Beaver, Addams Family, Green Acres, Lil' House on Praire, and Bonanza - (what a Saturday night tradition that show was when we were kids! Scrub down in the tub after a full day of ball, trees, tag, swamps, hide n' seek, and rock throwing. Then pj's, some cereal, and: "Dumdeedeedum...deedeedum deedeedum...Dum,Dum,Dum.....Dum, Dum!" Then the map of Virginia caught fire. (Was I on key?)

It didn't get much better than that. What do they have today? Beavus and Butterbrain!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
"Dumdeedeedum...deedeedum deedeedum...Dum,Dum,Dum.....Dum, Dum!" Then the map of Virginia caught fire. (Was I on key?)

Practically.

I thought it was Nevada?

But wait - no TV in the house? How do you play the recordings?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
It was a map of Nevada! The fire started in Virginia City, then a big town, now a touristy ghost town. I've been there and twice to the Ponderosa and done the tour of the Cartwright house, etc.
My dad, in some contest his company had, won a big RCA console color tv and our neighbours used to come over and gather round for Bonanza!

Doug, I believe Fjp, like me, uses his tv really only for recordings. Our home has been channel-free for over 25 years.

posted Hide Post
Right, "V. City."

25 years - now that is some quality (and admirable) reading and conversing time!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
The fire started in Virginia City, then a big town, now a touristy ghost town.

Maybe slightly larger than a ghost town, but certainly no metropolis!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug, somehow the start of the old Bonanza episodes would not have been quite the same had the opening map had the zooming in appearance your link (above) presents!!

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]My dad, in some contest his company had, won a big RCA console color tv and our neighbours used to come over and gather round for Bonanza!QUOTE]

My parents bought our first color TV in order to watch Bonanza in 'Living Color!' It sure was color, Little Joe would be purple while Ben would be green. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
My parents bought our first color TV in order to watch Bonanza in 'Living Color!'

You city folks! We didn't get our first colour TV until somewheres around 1980 or so!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
It sure was color, Little Joe would be purple while Ben would be green.

TV's first sci-fi western! Clearly Ben was a Marsman and Joe a Venusian!

"Live Forever!"