Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I am really Amazed!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am really Amazed!
 Login/Join

posted
I wasn't a huge fan of Ray Bradbury until I started reading Fahrenheit 451 about two months ago. I am a HS JR. In my Media Literacy class we were shown the movie Fahrenheit 451. The movie seemed so empty and I had the curiosity to read the book and find out in details what it really was about. The book was great! I was surprised to read it. Now I am reading The Illustrated Man. The next book I am going to read is The Martian Chronicals. This might sound really rude but I thought Ray Bradbury did not exist anymore but today I did a research and found out that he is still living!!!!! And this is one of the most happiest exciting moments of my entire life!!!!! I am really amazed!WOW!

[This message has been edited by SharktheFish (edited 06-07-2002).]

Posts: 18 | Location: Camp Hill, PA | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After reading "The Illustrated Man" and "The Martian Chronicles," watch the movies of them and "Fahrenheit 451" will look like a masterpiece in comparison!

Posts: 7304 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fan is born!! You are in for quite an experience as you plunge into the world(s) of Mr. Bradbury. Don't forget to read "Dandelion Wine". It's a bit different from most of his science fiction and fantasy themed stories, but it's my personal favorite book, period (and when I first read it at age 12 I refused to read anything save science fiction and fantasy, and while I am still heavily baised towards these themes, nothing has yet inspired me like "Dandelion Wine").

I also find it interesting that you were introduced to these works by a movie. I often come across many remarks (even on this web page) which deride movies and television as useless, and even damaging, media. I don't share this view, as nearly all forms of comunication can be informational, educational and enternaining (however I admit care must be taken when 'using' television).

Posts: 31 | Location: Newbury Park, CA, USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sharkthefish, you sound like Montag as he must read, read, read! The great thing is Mr. Bradbury's works are so plentiful and so varied in genre (sci-fi, fantasy, movies, poems, articles, suspense, gothic tales), you may be at it for many, many years to come.

Get some sources on his biography and an updated bibliography. Having a chronology of his background and literary efforts will add a helpful overview of how he has become "An American Icon" and grandmaster for all times. Listening to his works being read on cassettes can be enjoyable while driving or even as you read along to them.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post