Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray on the road....

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray on the road....
 Login/Join

posted
I have been saving this story for awhile, and thought now would be an appropriate time to share it-

Early this summer I was driving the 101 North from Thousand Oaks (Ventura Co., California) heading towards Santa Barbara. I found myself behind a large, black sedan with a license plate that read "FHT-451" (or something similiar to this, I cannot remember exactly). I've been a fan of Ray's since I was about 12 years old and instantly thought of "Fahrenheit 451".

As I passed the car I was amazed to see Ray seated in the passenger seat, smiling and enjoying the ride! I believe he was headed to a writer's conference in Santa Barbara as I remember I had considered attending it to see him.

I had met Ray for the first time at a book signing just weeks prior and found this to quite a coincidence.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
October:

Oh, please say you took a snapshot.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I did not have a camera. But it would have made a great photo!

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post