Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    It Came from Gauntlet Press

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It Came from Gauntlet Press
 Login/Join

posted
Just a heads up...got an e-mail from Gauntlet Press and they are taking orders on their latest Ray Bradbury book, IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE.

It ain't cheap, but they do quality work. Also, if you are planning on getting this book, I strongly urge you to buy directly from Gauntlet, as they offer special bonuses you won't get from, say, Amazon.com.
http://www.gauntletpress.com/

[This message has been edited by WritingReptile (edited 02-03-2003).]

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked this out on their web site. It looks very cool and I would like to buy it. Unfortunately, like many other people, I have to consider finances.

I met Ansel Adams once, at a book signing for his "Yosemite and the Range of Light". While I didn't think I could afford it (we were young, going to school, raising young kids), I went to the bookstore anyway, hoping to meet him. He let me shoot a roll of film of him at the table, autographing books, and chatting with people. VERY nice guy. I still regret that I didn't just bite the bullet and buy the danged thing (of course, I bought it later, but unsigned -- and it cost just as much!).

I did lay out $150.00 for Dark Carnival (twice!) and don't regret that. I am wrestling right now with buying "And it Came From Space". I'm sure it will be very good.

I also want to reiterate WritingReptile's warning on buying direct. I originally purchased "Dark Carnival" through Amazon.com. It was unsigned and I still paid $150.00 for it. Because I wanted the autograph, I went ahead and ordered it again through Gauntlet Press and got the signed, numbered version. I'm not complaining about Amazon.com. The book was in perfect shape, but I was a bit miffed that it wasn't numbered or signed. Why didn't I return the unsigned one? Because that will be my working book, the signed one will be my collector's item.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 02-11-2003).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never regretted buying a book...but I've regretted NOT buying plenty. Of course, I'm a little outta control when it comes to book buying. I recently moved and had to thin my collection by more than half. Man oh man did that hurt.

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post