Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Upcoming RB books

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming RB books
 Login/Join

posted
DOes anyone know of any new RB books coming out besides Now and Forever: Somewhere a Band Is Playing & Leviathan '99?

Thanks,

Brad

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is all that I know of and I think Ray would say the same thing.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh well...I was hoping for another of the more massive volumes (Stories of RB or Bradbury Stories).

Maybe at some point.

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi bsaenz24, that is not to say that another collection might not be forthcoming. Donn Albright's Match to Flame is due out soon and will be a comprehensive work regarding the origins of Fahrenheit 451. (Almost like Instant Messagin.)

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who is publishing Match to Flame. Would love to get it.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just been to Subterranean Press's website and they have a new edition of I Sing The Body Electric comming out and they are taking orders now, I guess. The cover art is by Vincent Chong and it looks "cool" my word to discribe the art work.

David B Smith

Posts: 12 | Location: Utica,MI,USA | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gauntlet Press is publishing the Match to Flame book.

posted Hide Post
PS Publishing, a British publisher, has plans to re-issue (in both trade hardcovers and limited editions, I believe), DANDELION WINE and THE MACHINERIES OF JOY in 2007. This publisher did an outstanding job with their previous re-issues of R IS FOR ROCKET and S IS FOR SPACE, with a trade edition, a limited edition signed by Ray and, for those with some extra money to spend, deluxe limited editions also signed by Arthur C. Clarke and Ray Harryhausen (although their website indicates that the deluxe editions signed by Mr. Clarke and Mr. Harryhausen are now sold out). They have also noted on their website that they intend to re-issue THE DAY IT RAINED FOREVER (the U.K. title for A MEDICINE FOR MELANCHOLY) and LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT in 2008. If you would like to read more about these books, you can go to their website by clicking on the link below and then clicking on "Current Catalogue" and "Forthcoming Titles" in the left-hand column.

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/

Posts: 2461 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
YOU ALL DONT KNOW ANYTHING!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Teh Bradbury>
posted
JUST READ THE THREAD!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was fishing around Amazon today and found two versions of Somewhere a Band is playing listed. One is the Now and Forever version and the second is from Gauntlet Press that includes an earlier version.

Does anyone have any more information about these two versions? I find myself thinking I'll end up buying both ...

Thanks, Joe D. V.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all, I think I'll chime in with some information on what William Morrow is planning for Ray over the next year or so.

NOW AND FOREVER $24.95 isbn 9780061131561 will be available every where this June 26th and is a hardcover edition of both Somehwere a Band Is Playing and Leviathan '99.

We have also tentatively scheduled an illustrated edition of one of his classic novels for late in 2008, practically all the details still need to be firmed up so I have nothing more to report beyond that.

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TK, is this new book available for advanced sales or at least orders on Amazon.com?

posted Hide Post
It won't be available for pre-orders until at the earlist Summer 2008. This book is still a bit far out in our publishing program so details have not yet been released into cyberspace to our online retail partners!

Posts: 25 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post