Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dandelion Wine Play

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine Play
 Login/Join

posted
I have been searching for a play version on Dandelion Wine with little success. I have found Theaters in Michigan and in LA that have put on this play, but I can't find a published version. I spoke with Ray Bradbury about this three or four years ago and he said at that time he was working on a new version of it, but as of yet I haven't been able to find any version. If anyone has an idea, let me know.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can take a look at something some people put on film, a "sip" of Dandelion Wine. The web-link is:
www.gl.umbc.edu/~jclark6

I think somewhere I had aa few small, seperate publications, with some of Ray's stories into plays. I'll have to search for it. Maybe DW is in there somewhere.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I found it on dramaticpublishing.com.

posted Hide Post
Forester: I found a copy of
The Day it Rained Forever,
by The Dramatic Publishing Co.
But it seems you discovered DPC. Good.
Have you picked up an old copy of
Pillar of Fire and Other Plays?
I haven't seen it in reprint, casually looking about, but it contained:
Pillar of Fire
Kaleidoscope
The Foghorn
Somewhere, Dandelion Wine, the play, has been "Kinko'd" numerous time for the many actors and stagehands and numerous productions throughtout the country thru the years. They are sitting in someone's desk drawer or in a box somewhere....
I remember when they were doing the production of the TV mini-series, Martian Chronicles, I somehow got an invite to the offices, in broad daylight mind you, and there, in one of the offices, were boxes and boxes of scripts, bound in color-paper covers, of the Martian Chronicles scripts. I managed to talk someone to giving me a complete copy. The rest have relocatted thru the ages, or are sitting in some desk or some other unknown box in some attic, like other things we look for.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just looking for Dandelion Wine. I like the others in book form. I was interested in this play only. I had the chance to discuss it with Ray a few years ago and was curious. Thanks.