Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Usher 2

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Usher 2
 Login/Join

posted
I have a recording of Usher 2 which I recorded of the radio in Australia in the late 70s or very early 80s. The sound track includes Frank Zapper and Pink Flyod. I don't have any details as to the narrator. Does anyone else have it or have details about it.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 31 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bliim,

could you DESCRIBE the narrator - Australian, American, British? It could be from a radio series such as Mind Webs, which came from an American university radio station in the 70s/80s.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Phil,
The narrator is I think American. Sounds a lot like Leonard Nimow but the recording is toearly for him.

bliim

posted Hide Post
I think Leonard Nimoy may have recorded Usher II for an album, so it could be him. I don't recall it having any music, though (but my memory could be faulty). How old do you think the recording is?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recommend doing a Google search using the keywords “usher II” and “Nimoy”. You may get results similar to the following:

“Green Hills of Earth/Gentlemen Be Seated, Caedmon, read by Leonard Nimoy, 1977
…currently difficult to find. (Others to look for from this same period: Ray Bradbury's Usher II, also read by Leonard Nimoy…”

Good Luck!

Imagemartian.jpg (60 Kb, 10 downloads)

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Zappa" ??

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know how old the recording is only that I first heard on the radio inthe late 70'. or early 80's. It was part of a radio broadcast which started with the orriginal Edgar A Poe version. Perhaps it was put together at the Sydney radio staion 2JJ.

posted Hide Post
Bliim, please, tell what Pink Floyd song are on this record?

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bliim, I suspect this will get you what you're after, though no background music is mentioned.

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/1931/records3.html

Worth a call, maybe?

Oh, one caviat. I haven't heard the Bradbury readings, but I'd give the LA Theatre Works' version of "War Of The Worlds" a miss. Doesn't even come close to the Orson Welles broadcast.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Pink Floyd is Pigs and the Zappa is Dungeon of depair.