Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    desperate query about 1955 radio adaption
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

desperate query about 1955 radio adaption
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
You are Right!
It was "okay" last night, but maybe something like "work" is being done on that web site.

If you go to my reply on 8/29, 9:50pm, it also comes up saying File Does Not Exist. But at least this one has places to link to that might help.

8/30 1:15 am ..scroll down to "Suspense" gives you the entire script.

But the one that can't be accessed right now is the one that had copyright info. Wait and see if it comes back to life by later today. If I find something absolutely important, I'll post it. Thanks DanB

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DanB:
Okay, try this one (or have you already?). This should have been an obvious choice in the beginning. Maybe you can locate some needed info from here:
http://epguides.com/RayBradburyTheatre/

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the question of God. I think many writers use the idea of God in a very generic sense. Some is a need to appease an audience, some is lack of courage, some is lack of conviction, some is a lack of clarification of their own views. Some is probably a desire to keep their own personal views private. I also think the Sci Fi field has a history of being technology (hence, outside of God) focused. That's where Bradbury has changed some focus when he introduces spiritual realms into his writing.

A very interesting recent Sci Fi book I read was called "Calculating God" by Robert J. Sawyer. What is interesting is that the central focus of the book is the question of the existence and (lack of) proofs for God's existence. A Canadian paleantologist, who doesn't believe in God, is suddenly visited by two scientists from other Galaxies. As it turns out, man on earth is the only major interplanetary species who has not accepted the existence of the cosmos and it's order as proof of God's existence. These two scientists from other Galaxies are on a quest to actually locate God.

Anyway, fun reading and a lot if interesting dialog.

Good luck to all on the web sites . . .

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that new site, but while it had the air date for the tv adaption of Zero Hour, I couldn't find any copyright info. In fact, I looked through collections of the radio show "Suspense", on which it was originally aired, i noticed that while literally hundreds of shows were cataloged for sale on audio cassette, Zero Hour was not one of them. I checked the archives for the series, and it did air on that program, but perhaps the existing script, but with no available recordings at all, perhaps that is a (let's hope) indication that the copyright for that particular episode might not have been renewed. Does anyone know if syndicated programs like that were copyrighted in general, or on an episode-per-episode basis? Again, thanks for all your help! It's very appreciated.
As a side note, I'm not familiar with the original short story. What collection(s) did it appear in?

[This message has been edited by DanB (edited 08-31-2002).]

Posts: 117 | Location: The Great North of New York State | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post