Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Mobiles

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mobiles
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I finally figured out how to shrink my pic files. I'm tenacious. Anyway, I thought I would share some pictures of my mobiles. I love to create art, sometimes with the kids. I work in all mediums and relish trying something new. Someone on this board was describing Ray's writing as being charged with life. Thats what I get when I create something new. Music is a big part of my creating process. I love to listen to all kinds of music but mostly prefer Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Stones, Neil Young, Tangerine Dream, among others while I create. The first picture is the mobile that I sent to R.B., the rest are hanging in my house. I would have sent the rocket mobile except I already had given it to my son. Hope you like.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Imagemob001.jpg (18 Kb, 14 downloads) jpeg

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heres another.Smiler

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Imagemob02.jpg (22 Kb, 13 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last one.Smiler

Imagemob03.jpg (30 Kb, 14 downloads)

posted Hide Post
robot--Those are all very cool, but I especially loved the rocket one. I can see how a hobby like that can be relaxing, but at the same time invigorating. (Kind of like reading one of Ray's stories, to make a bit of a tie-in.) One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get back to my needlework hobby. I haven't done any in years, yet I had always enjoyed the relaxation it brought to me. Sometimes we let good things like that slip away in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but I know I need to make more of an effort to find the time. Do you ever sell any of your mobiles in gift shops or similar places? They are truly lovely!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Posts: 48 | Registered: 03 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Imskipper! I hear ya about the hustle and bustle, don't let that stop you from creating. The greatest thing about doing art and creating is that you can be any age, and let that kid inside revel in the sheer fun of the blooming moment. Although I have tried my hand at hundreds of different mediums, I have never sold anything, thought about it. I usually give it to friends or family. Currently trying to figure out a way to preserve icicles to make into wind chimes. Might not be meant to be, some things have to be relished momentarily. Thank you too mycroftholmes!