Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A stupid question: it's bugging me so much!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A stupid question: it's bugging me so much!!!
 Login/Join

posted
did Mr. Bradberry somewhere in f451 say that Clarisse's hair was red? I just thought i read that somewhere, but maybe i think that because when I was reading the book, I fell asleep (it was 2 am and i couldnt put it down!) I think i dreamed that I was Montag. wierd. hmmmmm. Well if ne1 can answer that i would be grateful. thx!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 03 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I distinctly remember Clarisse being described as "the lovely dark girl," (one reason I mentioned Winona Ryder as a favorite possibility) but don't remember whether the book said she was a brunette or just implied it. The movie version is no help in this respect.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With respect, I believe a younger actress should play Clarisse. Much of the relevancy of the character stems from her youth (16 if i remember correctly). Winona Ryder is at least 30 years old. This is a mistake made in the first film version that hopefully won't be repeated.

Posts: 32 | Location: San Diego, CA, US | Registered: 10 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know how it goes in Hollywood: Who is Winona Ryder? Get me Winona Ryder. Get me a Winona Ryder type. Get me a young Winona Ryder. Who is Winona Ryder? My other distinct memory is Clarisse describes herself as "Seventeen and crazy." For any more, refer to the book.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mandy Moore has my vote. Check out A Walk To Remember. She is a fabulous actress and my daughters love her.

Posts: 1 | Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This shows how often I get to the movies. Even Anna Paquin is too old--she must be 19 by now! She might still be good, though.