Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Thoughts on the RB Storytelling festival

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on the RB Storytelling festival
 Login/Join

posted
Just a couple of thoughts on the festival...It was GREAT!!! The skill of the performers absolutely amazed me. I *think* the first person, who did a chapter out of Something Wicked. set the bar high, but all of the performances were fantastic. They were not strict readings of the stories, but rather "interpretive" versions. Some of the performers used musical instruments as part of the story-telling. At first I was wary of that aspect, but it did not disappoint.

I really hope it turns into an annual event.

Did anyone else attend? Thoughts?

Brad

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad, I attended as well, and I agree the event was quite well done. Apparently, a slightly different version of the event was performed for local school children that morning. One can only hope that the Festival leads some of the attending children, who might not otherwise read many books, to discover the joys of reading the stories they heard told.

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post