Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Space Moby Dick

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Space Moby Dick
 Login/Join

posted
I`ve read in the news that Ray is going to issue a new book, dedicated to a quest for a huge white comet. Ray says that this novel will be written in Moby Dick-style. Do you have more information on this?

I am the Master of Past and Present

Posts: 4 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can try doing a search on "Leviathan 99."

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much! And do you know what was wrong with that comet? Why there was a need to destroy it?

I am the Master of Past and Present

Posts: 4 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's "Leviathan '99" and it's in one of Bradbury's new books, Now and Forever.

If I remember correctly, the comet had made the spaceship captain go blind, so is out to get his revenge.

If you browse around my website, you will find some information about "Leviathan '99", including how it began life as a play.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post