Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    fan mail

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fan mail
 Login/Join

posted
hi there. I'm new here, as you can tell. I'm sending something to ray in the mail. Afew questions, though. Have any of you ever sent him anything? Has he replied?
thanks

Posts: 10 | Registered: 20 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote him a letter and did not get a reply (maybe it was a boring letter -- also, I didn't ask for a reply!), but I know of others who have received letters. I know that he is one of the most popular and (in my mind) significant living writers and that he is swamped because of all the demands on his time.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wrote him once and, like Mr. Dark, received no reply. But then, alas,I'd stated no reply was necessary, hoping Ray would simply ignore my insistence and reply anyway (It worked with Charlton Heston, Anne Tyler and Barbara Kingsolver!)

Sometimes you get what you ask for.

Pete

Posts: 614 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Ray's biographer, Sam Weller, Ray still gets 300+ pieces of mail a week..... Whew!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post