Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    April 2000: The Third Expedition

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 2000: The Third Expedition
 Login/Join

posted
This was an awesome story with continuous turns and endless mysteries!!!Smiler
I have always thought.. it would be so nice if we, the students, could just read a great piece of work like this and enjoy it the way as it is and think further about it ourselves.. not being interrupted by questions like this: "What is the predominant irony in this story?"
Unfortunately Roll Eyes,we are still required to do so..
Please help me Confusedon this question..
I do fully understand the content of the story, but I cannot find the "predominant irony!"
Earthian villiage not being "Earthian?"
Families not being real? There are so many!
Which do you think is the predominant irony?
Please share your opinion with me. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking a place is Heaven when it's practically the opposite?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Dandelion. They are all so happy to be "home" again and to see their long dead relatives, they let down their guard and then ZAP!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yah, daht ees tü vot Aye tink ahlzo.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Braling--Is there wine down in that cellar of yours?

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops! somehow I got my Scandihoovian Mode switch thrown for a minute there.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it's rather ironic that the Martians use what is best in humanity (love) to entrap them. In a way, human love is what enables the Martians to win this particular skirmish.

Loved ones are (in a way) the "enemy"?? Confused

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post