Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help with short story in old issue of Playboy

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with short story in old issue of Playboy
 Login/Join

posted
I have been searching for years trying to locate a Bradbury story that appeared in an old issue of Playboy, a Christmas issue, I think. It was about a couple who were having an affair, but wanted to fall back in love with their respective spouses. One night they make a wish for that to happen; the next morning, it has worked for the woman, she leaves to return to her husband. The man, however, is still in love with her, but pretends that it worked for him as well. Feel free to email me with any help, I will also keep checking on here for any replies. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mealworm, the story you describe is called Heart Transplant and is in Bradbury's newest collection, One More for the Road. In fact, the credits in the beginning of the book say that the story first appeared in the January 1981 issue of Playboy, so you might find it there if you don't want to invest in the new book. I do recommend One More for the Road, however.

Posts: 3 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, kagw, that's been bugging me for years. Now I'm off to the book store to grab One More For The Road. I didn't even realise there was a new collection. Bradbury is my favourite author, so any new book is a worthwhile investment. Thanks again!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 29 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post