Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Any Friend of Ray Bradbury's...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Friend of Ray Bradbury's...
 Login/Join

posted
As many of you will know, Ray is a long-time friend of Norman Corwin. You might like to know that the BBC has just broadcast a one-hour radio documentary about Corwin. For the next six days it will be available to listen again here. Enjoy!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering if anyone could give me agood summary of "Here there be Tygers". Whats it about?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sci-fi,
Its about a rocket ship going to a distant star system and finding what appears to be a paradise world. It turns out to be a sentient planet which Bradbury compares in his analogy to a woman. Its in R Is For Rocket, maybe other books too. There's another story of his thats great too in Illustrated Man called The City, only this one is a malicious entity and mechanized.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robot, FYI, we get lotsa posts from high school students looking for help on book reports. I suspect this is one. My answer to this kind of question is :
"Read the book!" But, good on you for knowing the story!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What astounds me about these requests is that they usually involve a SHORT story, one which could be read in less time than it takes to log on to the computer, find this site, type in the request, and sit and wait for a reply.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks you all, I realized that and I have read many that were obvious like the guy that read 451 four times and wanted the plot and protagonist. I had to laugh. I was trying to be vague yet accomodating with this. My theory was that if you could peak his or her interest a little and get them to put the cell phone down or game boy advanced away and actually read the story, they might get hooked. In fact this very guy e-mailed me for more information on this story and I did write back that I could not give him the answers to his homework but if he would just read this story and try some others he may enjoy it and it might even change his life. Your probably right though, as soon as the words "read this" gets spoken, most of them are cringing and must be thinking they have to give a report on the Warren Commission or the whole Bible when in fact it might take ten minutes to read. I don't think we realize sometimes really what a fast paced world these youngsters are up against and dealing with, most at their own beckoning I know. My advice to them is GO REAL SLOW! You'll like it more and more. Thanks guys.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, when I can be bothered, I just post links to discussions. There's not much serious harm in people reading things that have already been said.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post