Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    I need literary critiques on Bradbury's Works.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need literary critiques on Bradbury's Works.
 Login/Join

posted
I'm doing a literary analysis on Bradbury's books Something Wicked This Way Comes, Farenheit 451, and The Martian Chronicles.
I would very greatful to anyone who can give me some URLs for sites for themes and views on these books.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cliff Notes offers Bradbury critiques.

I recently purchased (from Amazon.com) the following:

"Readings on Ray Bradbury: Fahrenheit 451" The Greenhaven Press Literary Companion to American Literature. Katie de Koster, Editor. Greenhaven Press, San Diego. 2000.

"Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451: Modern Critical Interpretations. Ed. Harold Bloom. Chelsea House Publishers, Philadelphia. 2001, 2003.

You could enter any of the titles to the Bradbury books on Google and see what comes up. Or go to any college/university library and ask the librarian to show you how to access critical essays on-line. Most librarians are wonderful.

Please keep in mind that the web is only ONE of a VARIETY of sources for research. I'm finding more and more often with my students, that if they can't pull up a url, they act like there is no existing research available.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iforgetus::
For 'The Martian Chronicles', try:...

click on or type into finder:
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/science_fiction/martian_chronicles.html

THIS WEBSITE still works.....Again!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 04-12-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is that?

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OleManiaC..

That's the problem...all these 'links' are mostly temporary...they change, get withdrawn, and disappear... This seems to have happened to the above..... Sorry!

BINGO!
The WEBSITE above now works again!!!!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 04-12-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn. That sux, homie!

Posts: 33 | Location: Norway | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides, It seems to be working here.
But that's perhaps may be only me

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Iforgetus::
For 'The Martian Chronicles', try:...

click on or type into finder:
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/science_fiction/martian_chronicles.html

(Edit/ April 5th, 2003):: This thing worked before...doesn't seem to work today ! Hmnm!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 04-05-2003).]

Hi. Might work more reliably as:
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/science_fiction/martian_chronicles.html

Posts: 1 | Location: Wellington, New Zealand | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THATS EXTREMELY WEIRD. I'm writing an english paper on the exact same works of his, and on thhe criticism.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weird?

I'll tell you what's weird......

i before e....except after c.

Should read .....wceird... or wierd ?