Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Great site

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great site
 Login/Join

posted
Go to this website http://onecommunity-onebook.msu.edu/index.html and play the cool intro to One Book One Community located in Lansing, Michigan(the book being F-451) that is patterned after LA's One Book One City.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Green Shadow: I just handed out F451 to my sophomore Eng. class this afternoon. They were assigned the first part of the book and we went through a general intro.

Tomorrow I will call this Mich. site up, switch the computer screen image over to the large screen tv hook-up in my class, and turn up the volume! This should really get their attention. Mr. Bradbury sent me some "One Book One City" pins. I will wear one proudly - in his honor - each day until we finish the unit.

Thanks.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been on this site couple, 3 months, and BAMMM!! it's "turtle-connect."... and vast time to navigate. What gives? The whole Martian civilization dialing-up??

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are other sites slow, or just this? Could be your ISP.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having the same problem, it is consistently slow. This used to be very fast. Is traffic up? Is the hosting system the problem? Am I just getting cranky and impatient in my old age?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjpalumbo and all,
First, you're welcome. The intro is a perfect way to begin a unit on F-451, and your idea to put it on the "big screen" sounds perfect. I'm jealous of your pins!
About the delay in loading, I'm not sure what the problem is. Normally, my computer takes forever on these types of things, but this time it loaded pretty fast. Try minimizing the site while it loads as you surf the Internet, and then come back to it later. Hope this works...it's worth the wait.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here (& my school hook-up is usually really fast) - RB site s....l....o....w for the past several days?!

Would the "mass content" from posts be having an effect at this point? (2212 total to date)

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Suddenly slow with Ray's site....No problem with other sites.
I think it was Monday...when this site asked me on a special little pop up screen... to write my screen name, password, and domain name. It wasn't happy with my answers, and refused to connect me. Hmmm!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm on Web TV, and it works fine for me, even on school days during school hours, so it can't be every schoolchild dialing up now that school is back in session. Opens real fast and always recognizes me. I have, however, notified Julia at HarperCollins of the problems.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Julia says server issues are involved, the techs are on it, and you should see improvements soon, so don't do anyting drastic!