Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Monterrey" on "From the Dust return"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Monterrey" on "From the Dust return"
 Login/Join

posted
On the Chapter Four of "From the Dust returned", where it says "Born in Boston or die in Monterey", it's Monterey with an "r" o with two "r"s?. I have the spanish version, where it's written with two, like this: Monterrey.
Best regards!

Johnny

Johnny Holly

Posts: 9 | Location: Monterrey, NL, México | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once wrote a poem, which was published, mentioning Monterey, California when I spelled it with two "r"s and no one caught it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Holly:
...where it says "Born in Boston or die in Monterey", it's Monterey with an "r" o with two "r"s?.

One "r" in my version, page 18!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My version spells it with one "r" also. William Morrow, 2001.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks pals!, I was thinking that maybe Mr. Bradbury mentioned my city, but I guess it's another Monterey!
Best regards!

Johnny Holly

Posts: 9 | Location: Monterrey, NL, México | Registered: 09 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post