Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    ECHO-O-O, ECHO-O-O, ECHO-O-O.........
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ECHO-O-O, ECHO-O-O, ECHO-O-O.........
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Does kinda feel like i'm a purple jelly bean lost in a laundromat over yonder. . .

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ticktickticktickticktick...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, Ravenswake.

It's hard for me to describe what I feel at the other site. The very first thing I ever typed into a computer was www.raybradbury.com because what else would I be looking for other than people like myself who had been affected so profoundly by such a wonderful man. I had to find out if I was the only one. So, it's probably just a sentimental thing. This place, these people, Him.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know, grasstains, Ray was the first search I ever did on a computer, some 2 1/2 years ago when I finally got one. Before that, I just did reports on 'em. Finding this place--wow. Homecoming.

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Searching thru the archives I found this post from last year by dandelion which just as well could have been written for this thread. Maybe she IS psychic:

"One of my favorite NPR programs, "This American Life," ran a bit about a company which built a brand new, state-of-the-art sausage factory, only to find the sausages weren't turning out as good as the ones in the old place! They had to wrack their brains to discover "the missing element" and get things as they should be. I said, "They sure pulled an Aunt Rose on themselves."

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello???

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooooops, sorry. I guess this would be my fault.

You know, Blerp, we have a very strong moderator here.

Prepare to be dealt with.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jfaronson:
Hello???

Genevieve???

Is that you?

posted Hide Post
Well, that's one good thing about the new board - at least there I have yet to see these desperate adolescent pleas for attention! Where's dandelion?

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The crew of the Nautilus "rescued" her, whisked her away. I'll never forget seeing her waving goodbye and blowing kisses as Frank, Ahab, and myself forlornly watched her go.

posted Hide Post
Genevieve, no, not Genevieve...

Posts: 116 | Location: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: 30 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Underwater for a few weeks, and find everyone gone. What gives? I know. I know. I learned there is a new board. But then, I'm not exactly getting around in the 'old' Nautilus either. I understand the new board is automatically self-censoring. So no need for me, I figure.

Well, how long will this old place last? Someday it'll probably just go BLIP!

Posts: 16 | Location: 03/03/05 Heading back towards Catalina. Stopping there for several days. Currently cruising 20 knots at about 75 feet down. Soon to resurface. | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also.....my fault.

posted Hide Post
Darn it. I didn't know "The Rumplestilskin Rule" was in effect.

posted Hide Post
Huh?