Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury info help?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury info help?
 Login/Join

posted
well i am currently conducting a research/bio on bradbury and i would like to see if anyone on here could give me any outside sources besides this website to obtain information. i need to know things in the areas of career accomplisments life shaping events and so forth. i also need to find valid critical articles about bradburys book Fahrenheit 451
any help would be great
thanks
alexc

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished reading Conversations With Ray Bradbury and would highly recommend it. Also, check out any of his other books of essays. Refer to the Philnic site as he lists all of Ray's works.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Click here for philnic’s site: http://www.bradburymedia.co.uk

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the biography by Sam Weller, which has just about EVERYTHING about him.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please, help me to find electronic varients of Ray's books (especially new ones)I'm eager to read them, but failed to find. Thanks a million!!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Often, new books are not on line. This is because they are copyrighted and publishers (and authors) still want to make money selling the books. Generally, to get a new book, you'll need to go to a bookstore, a library, or Amazon.com. If I were an author, I would not allow my books to go online until I couldn't get any more royalties. That's how authors make their living.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you,Mr.Dark!Maybe you'll recommend me where to find some critic works on Bradbury. The matter is I'm writting a thesis paper on Bradbury and that's why I'm interested in any kind of info concerning his stories and novels Smiler

posted Hide Post
Veronica, I strongly urge you to head to your local public library in doing your research, instead of relying only on the internet. There have been many fine books published discussing the life and work of Ray Bradbury. While I believe they all have been mentioned on this board in the past, it is worthwhile to mention them again. For a biography of Ray's life, check out THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES, by Sam Weller, published last year by Morrow (and currently available in trade paperback). Also, check out THE ILLUSTRATED BRADBURY, by Jerry Weist (William Morrow, 2002), which discusses in detail many of the influences on Ray's writing. Another fine book, although its bibliography of Ray's work is somewhat dated, is THE RAY BRADBURY COMPANION, by William F. Nolan (Gale Research, 1975). For a book of interviews with Ray, check out CONVERSATIONS WITH RAY BRADBURY (University of Mississippi Press, 2004). In addition, a number of books of criticism on the writing of Ray Bradbury have been written over the years. Some are out-of-print, so again, a trip to the library is essential. They include: RAY BRADBURY: THE LIFE OF FICTION, by Jonathan Eller and William F. Touponce (Kent State University Press, 2004); THE BRADBURY CHRONICLES, by George Slusser (Borgo Press, 1977); RAY BRADBURY, edited by Martin Greenberg and Joseph Olander (Taplinger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY, by Wayne L. Johnson (Unger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY, by William F. Touponce (Starmont, 1989); RAY BRADBURY (MODERN CRITICAL VIEWS), edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001); and RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION, by Robin Anne Reid (Greenwood Press, 2000). Also, there are two books of criticism devoted to Ray's novel "Fahrenheit 451": RAY BRADBURY'S FAHRENHEIT 451, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001) and READINGS ON FAHRENHEIT 451, edited by Katie de Koster (Greenwood Press, 2000). Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you,Richard for such a big help!I'll follow your advice Smiler