Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Farewell Summer and 1 other "new" Bradbury listed on Amazon

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farewell Summer and 1 other "new" Bradbury listed on Amazon
 Login/Join

posted
Amazon.com is now listing Farewell Summer and something else called "The Homecoming (Wonderfully Illustrated Short Pieces)".

I think most people know what Farewell Summer is, but does anyone know that the second one is? I am guessing it's old stores with some illustrations. Does anyone know anything more on this title?

The Homecoming

Farewell Summer

Posts: 112 | Location: Around Greentown | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, amazing! Its good to see, isn't it. I felt impelled to order it. As to The Homecoming, being that it is only 48 pages, I think it is a short collection related to the story in October Country of the same name. Reminds me of the Adams family. Thanks bsaentz24, & hats off to Ray and congratulations!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There have been lots of courses to this feast, now it’s time for dessert. Something wonderful this way comes.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two new books! Slow down, Ray, I'm trying to catch up! He's like the energizer bunny or something. He's almost ninety!

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell me about it. I'm waaay behind.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I spoke with Ray a little while ago today he said that Farewell Summer won't be out be until OCTOBER. Can we wait that long?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can. I still have dozens of his books to read...but I'm going through a Richard Matheson phase right now, so Ray is temporarily on the back-burner.

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you said it. See my comment above.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post