Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    HELP!!!! I need help

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP!!!! I need help
 Login/Join

posted
I need help finding biographies on Ray for an english essay. Please help if you have any information on Ray any websites any thing PLEASE help me!!!!!!!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you also feel like going to your local public library (something Ray would definitely encourage), there are three more books that have been written about Ray and his work that may be in your library's collection: RAY BRADBURY, by Joseph Olander and Martin Greenberg (Taplinger, 1980); RAY BRADBURY by David Mogen (Twayne, 1986) and BRADBURY CHRONICLES by George Slusser (Borgo Press, 1977). I think that the first two in particular are very good.

Posts: 2473 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys very much this has been a great help to me. If i cant find the books i will check out the websites. THANKS

posted Hide Post
infernal486:::

Let me guess which one you're really going to check into first....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, of course, the books would be the real treat for such a project. If you happen to find Wm. Nolan's "Bradbury Companion", you would be getting a first hand look into a real treasure. It is a rare find these days and one that would be a "lesson within the lesson" just to peruse!

Let us know how you make out.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to make sure that I had not overlooked or forgotten an available reference book, I wandered over to a local public library. Sure enough, I discovered two additional books about Ray's work, one which I have and forgot about (perhaps a sign of owning too many books!) and a second that I didn't even know existed (libraries are great for discovering that kind of stuff). The first is RAY BRADBURY: A CRITICAL COMPANION by Robin Anne Reid (Greenwood Press, 2000) and the second is RAY BRADBURY: MODERN CRITICAL REVIEWS, edited by Harold Bloom (Chelsea House, 2001).

Posts: 2473 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks and I will check out the books first if i can find them OK